Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More News From Damion's Flat Stanley

 Stanley is ending his trip with Ms. Vennessa's friend in Mumbai! She sent pictures of his last hurrah there!!


 
Flat Stanley caught the train in Mumbai today down to Colaba. He wanted to do some sight-seeing and the train was the quickest way there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/​Colaba
We got off the train at a station called Churchgate.

Flat Stanley and I walked down to the waterfront to see an amazing structure. It is called the Gateway to India and it was built in 1911 to commemorate the visit to Bombay (which is the name that Mumbai used to be called) by the King and Queen of England, King George V and Queen Mary.

Flat Stanley climbed up the fence for a better look!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/​Gateway_of_India
There were many boats in the Harbour so Stanley and I walked down to have a look.
Across the road from the Gateway to India is a very historic and fancy hotel. It is called the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel.

http://www.tajhotels.com/​Luxury/Grand-Palaces-And-​Iconic-Hotels/The-Taj-Mahal-​Palace-Mumbai/History-And-​Heritage.html

Flat Stanley was pretty impressed with the outside and encouraged me to go there as it was lunch time and he was hungry.
At the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Flat Stanley and I made our way up to the first floor to the Sea Lounge where we were incredibly lucky enough to sit by the window where the best view can be seen. We were both excited as it is very, very hard to get such a good table.
This is Stanley inside the Taj Mahal hotel
 As we were very hungry and thirsty, our lovely waiter, Ismail, brought to our table an enormous sandwich and a pot of Indian Tea. The Tea was Assam Tea which is grown in India. Ismail also brought us Chocolate Chip Cookies which were very YUMMY!
Stanley is exhausted!!
 Hey there, Stanley is on his way back to Brisbane now.  Last I hear a few hours ago ... he was in Singapore again on his way home to me.  We might have a couple more adventures before he goes home.  I'll see how I go.  I hurt my back playing Roller Derby so am not too mobile at the moment, but I'm sure I can entertain him.  
Venessa

No comments:

Post a Comment