Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Destany's Flat Stanley's Adventures in Washington

Stanley buckled in with Aunt Tee Tee
Driving with AJ
 Here is the letter we received from Stanley & Aunt Tee Tee.....


Dear Class,
 Hi! I sure do miss everyone at Eastern Wayne Elementary School. I am in the city of Tacoma, Lakewood, and Seattle, Washington. I am having a very nice visit with Aunt Tee Tee, Uncle AJ, and their puppy Chico.
I have been very busy. We have taken out the trash and rode around the town. I helped take care of Chico after he got some shots at the Vet. My experience here was awesome. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Aunt Tee Tee let me go to work with her a few days. She's in the Army. That was the best part of my trip--- being able to hang out with a soldier.  Aunt Tee Tee told me she to went to Eastern Wayne Elementary School and had read about my travels when she was in school.
It is a very nice place.  It  rained most of my trip so I wasn't able to see everything.  Even with all the rain, I made the best of my trip.
I can't wait to get back to E.W.E. and see all my friends. 

Love,
Stanley
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   


The Space Needle In Washington
Stanley driving in the rain!



Napping with Chico                      

Enjoying a smoothie
State bird of Washington
State flower of Washington

State Fact Sheet
My state is Washington.
It is located in North Western part of the country.
My state bird is the  willow goldfinch (Carduelis tristis)
My state is famous for growing more apples than another state, the Space Needle, and the building of the first Starbucks Coffee house.
My state flower is Rhododendron macrophyllum
Some famous or fun places to visit in my state are Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center, The Space Needle, the first Starbucks Coffee House. 
The weather in my state is a lot of rain.  It rains mostly everyday in the months of November, December, February, and March. It snows at least twice a year. And if we're lucky it turns warm around late May.
These unique animals/wildlife make their homes in my state: Black Bears, Racoons, Deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment