Friday, March 15, 2013

DaNyah's Flat Stanley visits Brendan's grandmama in Illinois


Heard from our first Flat Stanley host on  March 14, 2013 by email....

Flat Stanley just came to visit me today.  I am Brendan Smith's grandma and he calls me "Granny".
I live in a little village in NW Illinois.  Only 200 people live here.  There are no businesses in town unless you would call our volunteer fire department a business. We still have snow on the ground and it is cold here. Brendan's Granddad lives here with me when he's not driving his coach bus.  We will send Stanley on a bus trip and see where he goes.
I help with an after school group on Thursdays and Stanley went with me today. Brendan's cousin, Joseph, is part of our group. So I let each child hold Stanley.
I hope you enjoy the pictures!

From,
Brendan's Granny Smith

PS...The Stanley that came to visit me was sent by Da'Nyah.

The children are Joey, Joseph, Ashlyn, Taiya and Autumn.


























Heard from Flat Stanley on March 15th ....

Hi Kids!  I am still in Illinois with Brendan's Granny.  Today she took me out in the snow.  Brrr! it's a lot colder here than it is in NC!  Then I went to the hospital with Granny.  No, she isn't sick.  She volunteers there on Friday mornings. One of the pictures is taken with her friend Mary.  


















Heard from Stanley again on March 18th! 




It was very cold and windy here today and I got to see snow.  It was very pretty but the people here didn't seem to be happy it was snowing.






We went to Rockford, about 60 miles from here.  Brendan's Granny had a doctor appointment with her Rheumatologist, Dr Dietz.  He is concerned about her hands because she has a lot of pain in them. Granny got two shots in her tummy!



His office was neat!  He had all kinds of furry friends that dance and sing silly songs. I got to sit with them and see a picture of his 3 yr old granddaughter.





We came home and Granny and Granddad were tired so we warmed up leftovers and we are going to bed early.  Granny has a bad cold.  Granddad has to get up early and drive his big coach bus to Chicago.

Flat Stanley from Coleta, IL  signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment